Vietnam IELTS Speaking Test - A Surprise Party For Your Friend

IELTS Speaking Test VietnamIELTS Speaking Test Vietnam

IELTS Speakine Test Vietnam Part 1

What is your full name?

My name is ...

Can I see your ID?

Yes, of course, here's my ID

Where are you from?

I'm from Hanoi

Do you work or study?

I'm studying a masters Degree in Business Administration at the moment at the university of graduate studies here in Hanoi, and recently I've been studying for IELTS too.

Is cooking popular in your country?

Yes, I think it's popular. Most young girls learn from their mother or grandmother how to cook the most popular dishes.

Who normally does the cooking in your house?

My mother does most of it - although I often help here when I have time, or if we are having a large meal together as a family.

Would you like to learn how to cook?

I would like to learn to cook food from other countries, maybe French cuisine, which is quite popular here among some people.

Why do you want to learn cooking?

I think cooking can be a creative activity, when it's not just for feeding the family every day. I find it relaxing when I do it for fun and like to experiment with diferent ingredients.

Do you think cooking programs on TV are useful?

I think they are interesting and can give you some inspiration or motivation to try different things. My problem is I can never remember all the details of what I see, only the idea, and so when I try to make something it never turns out the same as it did when the chef on TV did it.

What is the advantage of a TV cooking program?

I think they can give you lots of ideas about different cuisine to try and you can also learn some good cooking tips - but I also like to have a cook book with ecipes or download recipes from the internet - it is easier to follow them like that.

IELTS Speaking Test Vietnam Part 2

Describe how you would organize a surprise party for your friend

You should say:
  • where you would do it
  • how you would do it
  • what arrangements would need to be done for the party
and explain why you would choose these things.




A surprise party for your friend - Sample Answer

That's easy, I did it for a friend a couple of months ago. It was for my best friend, we have been friends ever since we were little girls. I organized it at her home so she wouldn't expect it.

Obviously I had to tell her parents and family and explain that it would be a surprise so they couldn't say anything to her.

I arranged for her friends from university to come to her house, and I helped prepare the food with some of her aunts, but we did it in the home of one of them so that my friend would have no idea about the preparations.

I wanted to have some special music for her party so I arranged for one of her friends who plays in a musical group to bring the group and perform for her at her home. They are an acoustic group and play modern music but with traditional influences and I knew that my friend would love it.

All the arrangement were done in about a week, after telling her parents about it I had a lot of help from her family and also her friends and on the day of the party we did a lot of cooking and prepared all the food and then took it round to my friends house.

The whole experience was amazing - and my friend loved it alll - it was a very special day for us.

IELTS Speaking Test Vietnam Part 3

Do you have festivals in your country?

Yes, we do, we have many in our culture and as there are various ethnic groups within Vietnam there are some celebrations which are universal and others which only certain groups of people celebrate.

Tell me about a local celebration in your town.

OK, there are a few, but apart from the big ones like Tet which is celebrated throughout the country, I can tell you about the Co Loa Festival which is a special parade which passes through several different locations throughout Hanoi and as part of the parade there are some interesting things to see such as wrestling and cockfighting.

The parade normally happens in February each year. It is based on the legend about An Duong King who came from Au Lac and he had a magic crossbow.

The legend says that a Golden Tortoise, presented An Duong Vuong with a very powerful magic crossbow that could kill many enemy soldiers with only one shot.

But the king’s daughter told the secret of the magic crossbow to her husband - he was the rebel leader's son - the legend says that when her father realized he had been betrayed by his own daughter, he killed her and then killed himself.

What is the relevance of international festivals or celebrations to the world’s community?

When it's international I think it's very important because it allows us to learn more and understand more about different countries and their cultures.

It's always interesting to read about these things but to actually see examples at festivals or international events is much better - and sometimes you can meet and talk to the participants.

It is a good thing for international relations and that is imortant as many people are becoming more mobile and need to be aware of different aspects of life in various parts of the world.




How would you answer these IELTS Speaking Test Vietnam questions?