How to Answer Who Inspires You? In An Interview

Who Inspires You? How to Answer This Question - Tips & Examples

  • Be honest
  • Be specific
  • Relate it to the job


When interviewers ask who inspires you, they are looking to see if you have role models or mentors in your life that have helped shape your goals and values.

They want to know if you have people that you look up to and why. This question is also a way for the interviewer to get to know you on a personal level.

Be honest when answering this question. If you don't have anyone that inspires you, that's okay. Just be truthful and explain why.

For example, you might say something like, "I don't really have anyone that I would consider to be my inspiration. I'm motivated by my own drive to succeed. I'm always looking to better myself and my skillset.



Who inspires you? Example answer - A Family Member

My biggest inspiration is my mom. She's always been a hard worker and she's always pushed me to be my best. She's also a big believer in education and she instilled that value in me at a young age. Because of her, I was the first person in my family to graduate from college. Her example has always shown me that anything is possible if you're willing to work for it.

How can I relate this to the job?

This applies to the job because I'll be working hard to contribute to the team and achieve success.

Example answer

For me, one of the most inspiring people is my grandmother. She has always been a hard worker, and even though she is now retired, she still volunteers her time to help others. She has also always been a supportive and loving person, and I know that I can always count on her for anything I need. Seeing how much she cares about others and how active she remains despite her age inspires me to live my life with the same level of passion and dedication.

How can I relate this answer to the job I'm applying for?

I'm sure I can bring some of her passion and dedication along with my skills and experiences to the role.

Example answer

One of the people who inspires me most is my best friend. She's always been there for me, even when things were tough, and she's always been willing to lend a helping hand. She's also an amazing person to be around - she's always upbeat, and she makes me feel like I can accomplish anything. Seeing her succeed in life despite all the obstacles she's faced inspires me to keep going even when things get tough.

How can I relate these qualities to the job?

The qualities of being positive and upbeat, as well as my willingness to help others, would make me an excellent candidate for the job. Through her, I have learned how to face obstacles in life and overcome them, which is something that would be beneficial in the role.



Who inspires you? - Example answer - Someone Visionary

I'm inspired by anyone who can turn their dreams into reality. People who dare to chase their goals and work hard to achieve them are definitely inspiring to me. I think it takes a lot of strength and determination to go after what you want in life, and I admire anyone who has those qualities.

How can I relate 'chasing goals' and 'working hard' to the job?

In order to be successful in any job, it is important to set goals and work hard to achieve them. Having the determination and drive to reach your objectives is essential in any career. I believe that my ability to chase my goals and work hard will help me excel in this role.



Who inspires you? - Example answer - My Mentor

My mentor at college has always been a great source of inspiration for me. She is someone who has achieved a lot in her field, and she is always willing to help others achieve their goals. She is also a great role model for me, showing me that it is possible to achieve success while still being a good person. Her example has helped me to stay motivated and focused on my own goals, and I am grateful to have her as a mentor.

How can I relate what I have learned from my mentor to the job?

The biggest thing I have learned from my mentor is the importance of setting goals and working hard to achieve them. This is something that I can definitely relate to the job, as it requires a lot of dedication and hard work in order to be successful.



Who inspires you? - Example answer - A Famous Business Entrepreneur

I am inspired by successful business entrepreneurs like Richard Branson and Mark Zuckerberg. They have achieved so much at a young age, and they show that it is possible to create something from nothing. Their stories motivate me to work hard and never give up on my dreams. I believe that if they can achieve their goals, then I can too.

I am also inspired by people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. They are incredibly successful businessmen who have made a huge impact on the world. I admire their intelligence and drive, and I aspire to be like them one day. They are proof that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.

How can I relate what I have learned from these people to the job?

These people have all achieved a great deal of success in their respective fields, and they have done so through hard work and determination. I can relate this to the job by working hard and never giving up on my goals. I believe that if I set my mind to it, I can achieve anything.



Who inspires you? - Example answer - A Local Business Person

I am inspired by my friend who owns her own business. She started from scratch and has built a successful company. She is a great role model for me, and her story shows me that anything is possible if you work hard enough. I have learned so much from her persistence and dedication.

How can I relate what I have learned from her to the job?

I have learned to never give up on my goals, and to work hard to achieve success. Her story shows me that it is possible to build a successful career from scratch and that dedication and persistence are essential to success.