IELTS Speaking Test Overview
- In the IELTS Speaking test, you have a discussion with a certified IELTS Examiner.
- It is interactive and as close to a real-life situation as a test can get.
- The IELTS Speaking test is 11 to 14 minutes long with three parts.
IELTS Speaking Test Part 1
IELTS Speaking Test Part 2
IELTS Speaking Test Part 3
There are three parts to the test and each part fulfills a specific function in terms of interaction pattern, task input and candidate output.
The IELTS Speaking test is the same for both Academic and General Training tests.
IELTS Speaking Test VideosBelow you will find examples of IELTS candidates who score Band 9, Band 8, Band 7, Band 6 and Band 5 in their IELTS Speaking tests.
These OFFICIAL IELTS speaking videos are produced by the IELTS test administrators - so watch and learn!
Note the format of each section of the speaking test:
- the time allowed
- the instructions provided by the examiner
- this format is fixed
- it does not change
- it is the same in every test
- in every country