Describe The Stage/Age In Your Life You Enjoyed The Most

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions & Answers

Do you work or study?

I’ve just started work, I’m a Mechanical Engineer at a multinational company here in town

Where do you live now?

At the moment I’m still living with my parents, but I’m, thinking about getting an apartment closer to my work because it would be more convenient.

Describe your home

Well, my parent’s house is quite old and traditional. There are 5 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining area, and then there are the bathrooms and an area for doing laundry and other household chores. It’s got a garden at the back as well which is quite large with a couple of trees and a table and chairs where you can sit and eat or relax or whatever you want...you know.

It’s a nice home, it’s in a good part of the town and it’s a nice, quiet area and the neighbors are all nice people. It’s mostly families who live there and I’ve known most of the people who live in our street all my life.

Do you prefer to live in a house or an apartment?

Honestly, I’d have to say a house, but I’ve never lived in an apartment so I wouldn’t know how to compare the experience. But obviously, a house is usually bigger and more private and most apartments don’t have gardens or the same amount of space as a house like ours.

I suppose maybe an apartment might be more convenient – that’s why I’m thinking about renting one – to be closer to my work, but not because I think it’s better than a house, just at the moment it’s the best option rather than having to travel so much every day.



IELTS Speaking Test Part 2 Question & Answer

Describe the stage or age in your life that you enjoyed the most.

You should say:
- what age/stage it was
- what you did then
- why it was enjoyable
and explain why you remember that age/stage so well.
IELTS Speaking Test Part 2 Cue Card Topic Question

IELTS Part 2 Topic Cue Card Speaking Answer | An enjoyable stage of life

Probably one of the happiest times in my life was when I was younger, about 12 or 13, when I first started doing martial arts. I joined a local club and there were a lot of kids there and I’m still friends with some of them even now.

We used to have a great time together because we all really enjoyed it – it was different from playing soccer or other sports – and not many boys at my school had even thought about joining this kind of club, so it was really different at the time.

Now I think it’s much more popular, but back then it was quite special.

The thing we used to enjoy the most was every week we would learn something new, so it was never boring, it was always interesting and challenging, and looking back on it now I think it was probably one of the best times in my life when I had good friends, an interesting activity and it made me mature quite quickly, both mentally and physically.

But apart from enjoying the club and all its activities, it’s memorable for me because it was where I decided I wanted to become a Mechanical Engineer. That was because the instructor – or sensei - at the club was an engineer and he taught me a lot about it, and that’s what got me interested in studying science at school and then engineering later at university.

So, that whole period of my life was not only enjoyable but also important in other ways – that’s why I remember it so well.



IELTS Speaking Test Part 3 Questions & Answers

What do you think is the best age in a person’s life?

I don’t think there is just one best age, each stage of life has something special about it. I suppose that maybe life seems more exciting when you’re younger, but then as you go through life you begin to understand that it’s quite a long journey and many things can happen.

Age isn’t really a barrier or limitation unless you allow it to be, and there are many great things in life you can enjoy even when you’re much older.

What is the attitude to older people in your country?

It’s a lot better than it was, but then I think it’s because older people are not so ‘old’ anymore if you know what I mean. It’s like older people now are less old – they are still active and I know some who still do things they did when they were younger.

My grandfather is like that – he still rides a bike for fun and does exercise, and he’s almost 70 years old. Sure, he doesn’t do it quite like he did when he was in his twenties, but he’s not one of those old people who just sit around all day chatting or sleeping - he’s on the go all the time, or so it seems.

So the fact that older people are ‘younger’ means that people's attitudes have changed also and now there are a lot more things for older people, events, clubs, activities, and nobody seems to treat them as if they’re useless or just a waste of time.

A lot of them are really active and enjoying life and people see that and so they get a lot more respect.

How would you answer this IELTS speaking topic about describing an enjoyable stage of your life?

  • Which is the best stage of life in your opinion?
  • Is there a stage of life that is more difficult or easier than others?
  • Is there a stage of life you particularly look forward to or look back on fondly?