Describe a time when you received good news | Cue Card

IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Candidate Task Card | Describe a time when you received good news

Describe a time when you received good news

You should say:
  • what the news was
  • when and where you received this news
  • who shared it with you
And explain how it impacted you or your life.

Good News Cue Card | Part 2 IELTS Speaking Example Answer

Let me tell you about a day I'll never forget; it's as clear as if it happened yesterday. I got the news that I got into this top-notch uni in the UK, something I'd been dreaming of for years. It was a bright, sunny afternoon in early spring, and I was chilling at home. The place was so calm, which made getting that exciting news feel even more intense.

I got the email at exactly 2 p.m. – funny how some details just stick with you, right? I was on my own when I first saw it, but I couldn't wait to tell my family. They had been my rock through the whole intense application saga. When I shared the news, the place just exploded with happiness – hugs, tears, and lots of laughter, all over the place.

That moment was huge for me, not just because I got into a university but because it felt like all my hard work and sacrifices were finally paying off. It was like every late night, every exam, and every bit of effort was worth it. And it wasn't just about getting in; it was about opening up a whole new world of chances for my future career, getting to meet people from all over, and learning things I couldn't even imagine.

Looking back, that moment really changed things for me, in every possible way. It boosted my confidence big time, and made me believe even more in working hard and aiming high. And it made me super thankful for my family's support. They were there for me, no matter what. That acceptance letter was more than just an offer to study; it was the start of a whole new adventure, full of challenges and opportunities to grow.

And, so that was a time when I received some good news


Similar Cue Cards


Recent IELTS Questions