Describe a time you moved to a new home cue card

I moved to a new home about two years ago. It was both exciting and daunting. I had never moved house before, so it was all a bit of an adventure!

I remember the day we moved in - there were boxes everywhere! We had already filled our car to the brim with furniture and other odds and ends, but it still felt like there was too much to do. Thankfully, my father's friends and family pitched in to help us out - without them, I'm certain the move would have taken twice as long!

As the boxes were unpacked and the furniture put together, a sense of familiarity began to arise. The house wasn't quite like our old one but it felt like home almost immediately due to all the love and support surrounding us that day. It was a great feeling; we now had a place that was entirely ours.

It took some time for me to adjust to our new environment, but I eventually did and I feel very lucky to be living in such a wonderful place with so many great people around me. Moving was certainly a daunting experience but it was also exhilarating; it was a chance to start anew and make some great memories in a new place.

We've been here for two years now and I'm so glad we took the leap of faith - I can't imagine how much more stressful and chaotic the move would have been if we didn't have help from our friends. Thanks to their support, we were able to settle into our new home with ease and confidently begin building a life here. It's an experience that I'll never forget!

Describe a time you moved to a new home | Speaking Topics & Sample Answers