Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers




IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers | Part 1

What is your name?
My full name is Sunita langhome

Where are you from?
I'm from Biratnagar

Do you work or study?
I work, I'm a security guard in a department store.

Is it easy or difficult to find jobs like that in your country?
I found it quite easy, but my parents supported me. Some families don't like their daughters working in jobs like this.

Do you like your job?
Yes, there's a lot of variety and I get to see and meet a lot of different people every day. It's more interesting than working on my family farm or in an office. But one day I would like to have my own small business.

When did you first use the Internet?
When I was at elementray school. A few years later my parents had an internet connection installed in their office, where they run their agricultural business from, and I could access it almost every day.

Do you buy things on the internet?
I've only done it once or twice. It's still a novel way of shopping for many peole here.

How often do you normally buy things on the internet?
Not very often, but maybe in the future I'll use the interent more for making purchases.

IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers | Part 2

Talk about a family photograph you like

You should say:
  • Who took the photograph?
  • who is in the photograph?
  • Why do you like this photograph?



Sample Answer

I'll tell you about my favorite photograph, which is a photo of my family, my parents, my brother and three sisters. It was taken by my uncle when I was still a small girl. We went on a family excursion to various places in Nepal.

The photograph was in a place called Butterfly Valley and it a group photo and in the background you can see a spectacular waterfall. We were all much younger then but I can remember it was a very happy time for my family and a really special trip that we took together.

Whenever I feel sad I like to look at this photo because it always reminds me of my beautiful family, how happy we all were, and how lucky we are to have the many blessing we have in our lives. I would like to return there some day in the future and visit that special place again.

I have a copy of the photo whcih I keep in my room, but we also have a larger version of it which is framed and hangs on the wall in the main social room of our house.

IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers | Part 3

In your opinion, what elements make a good photograph?
I think it's important that the content of the photo is interesting, or if it's of people, then they are all happy and well positioned. The color and lighting can also affect how good a photo is.

The best photos I have seen seem to manage to capture the 'feeling' of the moment or the spirit of the place where it was taken. So composition, lighting, focus and locationcan be very important.

Do you think photography is a form of art?
Yes, there are some famous photographers in the world, and some photographs are certainly very beautiful to look at. Like painting and sculpting, photography can be a very interesting way of expressing things, or capturing a special moment or place forever.

Do people in your country attend photography classes?
I'm not sure. I don't have any friends who go to photography classes or do a photography course, but there are schools or colleges for art and fashion here in Nepal so I suppose that quite a lot of people must be interested in photography and maybe studt it or learn more about it than just taking snapshots of their family.

Do you like to hang photographs on the walls of your home?
Yes, but it's my mother who organizes them all. She loves to choose the photographs and where exactly to hang them. You could call it her hobby. We are quite a large family and most of the photographs are of family members, cousins, nieces and nephews and so she always has a new photo which she wants to show everyone.

Learn how to pass the IELTS speaking test






Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!