Describe an Interesting Trip You Have Taken

How do you describe a trip you have taken recenly, or an interesting trip you took?

Ideas for recent trips

  • a weekend in another part of your country
  • a road trip someplace interesting
  • a cruise to the caribbean
  • a trip to a foreign country


TIP: Adjectives to describe a trip
amazing - epic - unforgettable - incredible - wonderful - fabulous - magnificent - stunning - breathtaking - enjoyable - fun - relaxing - exhilarating - stimulating - uplifting - rejuvenating - awesome - exciting - marvelous - memorable - miraculous - outstanding - phenomenal - interesting

Ideas for recent local trips

  • a trip to the zoo
  • a day trip to a nearby theme park
  • a hike in the mountains
  • a trip to the beach
  • a quick trip/visit to a nearby city or town

Describe an Interesting Trip|IELTS Cue Card Question & Answer

Describe a trip you have taken recently

I just got back from a trip to Italy. It was amazing! The food, the wine, the weather, the scenery - everything was perfect. I can't wait to go back.

On my recent trip to Italy, I made sure to visit all of the classic tourist destinations. I started in Rome, where I saw the Colosseum and the Vatican.

I then took a train to Florence, where I visited the Uffizi Gallery and climbed the Duomo. From there, I went to Venice, where I enjoyed a gondola ride and saw St. Mark's Basilica.

Finally, I ended my trip in Milan, where I did some shopping and saw the last supper. Overall, it was an incredible experience and I'm already planning my next trip!

One of my favorite parts of the trip was visiting the Vatican City. It's so impressive to see all of those ancient buildings and sculptures up close. And the Sistine Chapel is just incredible. I also loved touring Florence and Rome and seeing all the famous landmarks there.

It was a great trip, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a vacation with lots of culture and history.

This IELTS cue card asks about a trip you took in the past which was interesting.

Describe an interesting trip you have taken

You should say:
- where you went
- when you went there
- what you did there
and explain why you liked it.
www.ielts.org


IELTS Speaking Test Part 2

IELTS Cue Card Sample Answer - Describe an Interesting Trip You Have Taken

A few years ago I was lucky enough to travel to Florida with some friends.

We stayed in a house in Tampa and while we were there we also travelled to Disneyland and some of the other well-known theme parks nearby.

We spent the summer holidays there and it was really hot and humid, but thankfully we missed the hurricane season which can sometimes be quite scary.

I went with my best friend and her younger brother and his best friend. It was a long trip getting there but we stayed for more than a month so it was worth it.

We rented a house in a condominium complex, which was really nice because it was close to the coast and all the amenities but quiet and peaceful at the same time.

We also rented a car because you really need a car to get around on a daily basis and also to drive to the theme parks.

We did most of the normal touristy activities in and around Disneyland and also spent some nice time just driving and visiting some of the local places and sights, and swimming in the pool in the complex.

The thing I most enjoyed was the food – really – it was great to go out and have a big breakfast at a diner every day and it only cost a few dollars.

My favorite was the pancakes with maple syrup which I enjoyed several times a week while we were staying there.

The weather was great too, although some days were extremely hot around the middle of the day, but inside it was cool because everyone has air conditioning.

It’s a trip I’ll always remember because it was different from other trips – because of the people, the place, and it was also longer than most other trips I’ve taken.

That was the most interesting trip I took recently.


Follow Up Questions

  • Are there any differences between travelling in the past and now?
  • How do you think tourism in your country will develop in the future?
  • What should the government do to attract more tourists?
  • Is there anything people can do to support the tourist industry?
  • How imortant is traveling for work as part of the travel industry?

How would you answer these IELTS questions about describe an interesting trip, travelling, tourism and the tourist industry?

Describe an event that changed your life

Answer

How to Talk about a challenge you encountered

Talk About A Challenge You Encountered Answer