Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

IELTS Speaking Test | Work, Computers, Learning in the Future

IELTS Speaking Test | Part 1 Questions | Work, Computers, Learning in the Future

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions

Do you work or study?

I work. I’m an IT support engineer for a large multinational corporation.

Describe your job, please.

Well it basically involves providing technical support to the company’s clients for the technology products it sells. That’s mainly network solutions, so it can include all sorts of issues – but it’s primarily troubleshooting and resolving any issues clients have, either with a new system implementation or a sudden problem with an existing operating system.

What are the disadvantages of using computers?

Disadvantages? None really that I can think of... it would be impossible to do many things we can today without them.

Okay, maybe you could argue that computers have replaced some manual jobs – so therefore using computers can decrease the number of jobs for people, but then our use of computers also creates computer-related jobs which didn’t exist before, so it’s a double-edged sword, isn’t it?

What do you like about your job? Why?

Probably one of the best things is that it’s always interesting, sometimes challenging and frustrating, but no two days are the same… you know… there’s plenty of variety and I’m always being challenged to think through problems and come up with solutions for clients, so it keeps me on my toes all the time.

Would you like to continue doing your job in the future?

I guess so, it’s a great job and I enjoy it, so I’ll probably stick with it for a few more years before thinking of maybe trying something different or extending my knowledge so I can get involved in other areas such as managing bigger projects.

Do you aspire to learn something different in the future?

Not really something new – but obviously I need to be continually updating my skills and knowledge so it’s likely that in the future I’ll either study either other related technical areas in greater depth – or maybe look at widening my knowledge base and including some management studies, I haven’t really decided yet if that’s the direction I want to go for.

No comments:

Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!