What did you use to do when you were a child? How to Answer

What did you use to do when you were a child?

When I was a child, I used to spend most of my time playing in the backyard with friends. We would play tag, hide and go seek, or just invent our own games.

In the summertime, we'd spend hours running around outside and using our imaginations to create fantastic worlds. On rainy days we would stay inside and draw pictures, make forts out of blankets and pillows, or play board games.

It seemed like childhood was filled with endless possibilities!

No matter how much fun I had as a kid, there were also times when I found myself bored or lonely. Fortunately, books were always an escape for me. I loved reading stories about magical lands and adventures that felt like they were created just for me. Reading was a way for me to explore my imagination and discover new worlds.

As I got older, I started writing stories of my own. It was the perfect way to combine the creativity of childhood with the maturity of adulthood. Writing became a passion and now, many years later, it's still one of my favorite things to do. Whether it's creating fantastical tales or exploring real-world themes, writing is an incredible outlet that allows me to express myself in ways I never thought possible!



How to use the grammar structure "used to" to talk about something in the past

We can use the phrase used to to talk about something that happened in the past but does not happen anymore.

For example, you could say, "I used to play soccer every week when I was younger," meaning that you no longer do it now.

The structure for using this phrase is "subject + used to + verb," with the verb being in its base form (e.g., "play" instead of "played").

We often use this phrase to describe something we did regularly in the past but don't do anymore.

For example, you could say, "I used to go out every Friday night," meaning that you don't do it now.

Comments