Describe An Activity You Like Doing | How to Energize Yourself


Describe an interesting activity that you enjoy doing IELTS Cue Card

Sample Answer

I like spending time with my friends. We enjoy talking to each other in English, and we answer questions while I listen to their conversation.

When I talk about the things that happened in my life or when they ask me a question, it's nice to share our experiences. Our conversations are a good way to spend my free time.

People have different opinions and ideas about what's important in their lives, and it helps me learn more about them through our conversations.

It also leads to discussions that I wouldn't usually have with other people - like one of my friends likes watching TV while another prefers to play sports.

I also like spending time with my family, and we often have meals together or watch TV in the evening to spend some quality leisure time together.

It's an excellent way for me to relax after long days at work or academic studying!

One thing about having a meaningful conversation that I like is that it's a way to enjoy myself.

I also find that they're good for improving my English level because I'm improving my communication skills.

Listening is an important ability, so hearing people speak gives me practice at understanding different accents. The benefits are great when speaking with someone from another country or region!

Just yesterday I had lunch with some friends and we could converse easily about our lives, even though one was born in Ukraine and speaks Russian and the other two are American-born citizens who speak English fluently without any accent.

We all found out interesting things about each other just by talking! It was enjoyable listening to them talk about their pasts, what college they went to, and many other topics.

IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Describe an activity you like doing in your free time

Describe An Activity You Like Doing

Describe an activity that you enjoy | Sample Answer

An activity that takes up a lot of my free time at the moment is preparing for the IELTS exam.

My favorite activity is practicing for the IELTS Speaking test by using sample answers on IELTS trainer's websites; vocabulary was one of my weaker points before.

Now, thanks to tips from a Cambridge English Language Assessment IELTS trainer, vocabulary isn’t something I worry about anymore!

I've even recorded my answers so that I can listen to them, explain them to my friends, and try to improve.

Learning how to write IELTS essays has also been very helpful for me and I'm now more confident about doing IELTS writing for the real examination. So far my friends and I have done several Cambridge practice tests.

I had an honest talk online with some experienced IELTS examiners who have a lot of experience with actual tests. They know what students need to do well on it; for example, how much time you should spend on vocabulary or listening practice.

I try to dedicate a few hours of free time daily to prepare for IELTS. The best way to do this is by writing some sentences and doing some listening exercises - it’s a lot of fun! I also use vocabulary lists from Cambridge University, which help build up my word bank.

It's important not to forget other skills such as reading and writing to maintain your English level. This is why we have been practicing our essay writing and looking at writing practice samples and model answers together – it seems like an activity that you can do with friends!

I recommend keeping a diary so that you know what activities you did each day. That way, you can plan the next day and make sure that you don’t miss any vital skills.

Follow-up question:

What are the activities you enjoy most?

I am an active person, so I enjoy doing a wide variety of activities. My favorite activity is hiking, especially when combined with camping!

It's such a great way to get out and explore the outdoors, get some exercise, and spend time with friends. I also love going for long bike rides and playing tennis.

On top of that, I enjoy reading books in my spare time, trying new recipes in the kitchen, learning about different cultures around the world, and spending time with my family. These are just a few of the activities that bring me joy!



Sample Answer Describe an activity you like doing

Describe a thing you did to learn another language

Describing an activity I did to learn another language is pretty easy! There are many ideas I could mention, but I will talk about one in particular - writing essays with my friends.

It's great because it improves our English while we have fun talking together. We also use vocabulary lists from Cambridge University which helps us remember new words and phrases quickly.

Usually, we dedicate a few hours of free time per day to practicing for IELTS, so we try not to get too caught up with other activities such as watching TV or playing games.

We also make sure to do some exercise every day to stay physically healthy and eat healthy food. I like doing Yoga in the morning. Good health is vital for concentration when studying! And to avoid stress!

For example, if I'm writing an essay on the Great Depression, then my friends will talk about their favorite memories of 1930s America while I type up the content on my laptop. We keep each other company!

Someone asked me the other day: What happens if you cannot dedicate enough free try to cover all four skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) each week?

It's a common problem because it can be difficult sometimes when we have a busy schedule or are struggling with work commitments. But we try to practice all the skills in small blocks of free time.

We are very fortunate that we can already speak English, which is a skill most people cannot master without living overseas for years and learning from native speakers.

I think it's crucial to remember this when you're feeling stressed or anxious about your upcoming IELTS test! You've already done something many people will never be able to do - learn another language so well because they have not had access to a native teacher as children or never had the chance to attend an English course.

Preparing for IELTS consumes a lot of time, but the effort is worthwhile because if I get the band score I need, I can study at Cambridge University in the future!

How would you describe an activity you like doing?


Similar IELTS Cue Cards