IELTS Speaking Questions Reported from around the World this month
IELTS Speaking Tests | Part 1 Questions
- Do you work or are you a student?
- Are you a student or employee?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you enjoy your work?
- What kind of job do you do?
- Do you like working in your company?
- Do you see yourself working in the same field in the future?
- Do you want to continue with the job you are doing? Why
- What do you find most interesting about your job?
- What part of your job do you like the most?
- What is more important to you - the people you work with or the work you do?
- Have you worked or studied in groups?
- Do you prefer to study in a group or individually?
- What does one learn while working or studying in a group?
- What are the drawbacks or disadvantages of studying/working in a group?
- Do you like to read?
- What type of books do you read?
- Do you like movies?
- Where and when do you usually watch movies?
- Would you like to participate in movie production?
- What is your opinion on snacks between meals?
- What do you like to have as a snack?
- When do you usually eat it?
- Do you like colours?
- Which colors do you like?
- Do you think colours influence you?
- Are colors important with regard to particular products?
- Which colors of clothes do you like to wear? Light or Dark?
- has the way you choose the color of your clothes changed from when you were a child?
- Is there any particular color you would not want to have in your house?
- What are the colours that you would rather not have in your house?
Your Hometown/Where You Live
- Describe your hometown, please.
- Is it a good place to grow up? Why?
- Would you like to live in the countryside?
- Where would it be?
- Why do you like this area?
- How do you feel living in a house or apartment?
- Where do you live now?
- What did you like most about the house in which you grew up?
- Describe your flat or apartment.
- Do you want to own your a house or an apartment in the future?
- What changes would you make to your own place?
- What type of house would you like to have?
- Are you interested in history?
- Did you study this subject at school?
- Describe a book you read about history recently?
- When did you read it?
- What was it about exactly?
- Do you like to watch historical films?
- What kind of live music can you listen to in your region?
- What was the last concert you went to or watched on television?
- Do you eat fruits and vegetables every day?
- How difficult is to get fresh fruit and veg where you live?
- Did you like fruits and vegetables when you were a child?
- How important do you think it is to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables?
- What public holidays do you like most?
- Do you think there should be more public holidays?
- What did you do in the last summer holidays?
- Do you think that summer holidays are important?
- At what age did you start studying math?
- Did you used to use an electronic calculator when you were in school?
- Do you think that math is important?
- What stages of a person’s life are celebrated in your society, for example marriage or graduation? Why?
- Do you think it is necessary to celebrate these types of events?
- How is it useful in that person's life?
- Do you have any formal celebrations in your country?
- What formal celebrations are most celebrated in your country?
- Which birthday is considered the most important, or most celebrated in your country?
- Do you think such formal celebrations are important?
IELTS Speaking Test | Part 2 and 3 Questions
Describe a country you have not been to but would like to visit.You should say:
- Which country it is
- What you know about the country
- What you would like to do/see there
Talk about the best stage in your life from childhood till now.You should say:
- When was it?
- Why do you think it was the best?
- How did you feel about it then?
Part 3 Questions
- What is your opinion about the current status of older people in our society?
- How can retired people help society?
- People are living longer nowadays, what challenges does this bring?
- At what age are people considered to become an adult in your country?
- At what age are people given the right of marriage or others things in your country?
- Nowadays children are maturing at an earlier age than before, do you think they should be given certain freedoms and rights before the age of 17 or 18? Why?/Why not?
- What measures can elderly people take before retirement?
Describe a place (not in your home) where you go to relax.You should say:
- where the place is
- what it looks like
- how you spend time there
Part 3 Questions Related to Previous Part 2 Topic Question
- What kinds of places do people in your country go to relax? Why do they like to go to these places?
- Can you compare different ways people relax indoors and outdoors.
- Would you agree/disagree that places of natural beauty are the most relaxing? Why do you think that?
- What is the importance of relaxation for students?
- What could employers do to help workers relax in the workplace?
- In your opinion, whose responsibility is it to provide leisure facilities for the eldery? Why do you think that?
Talk about a person you know who travels a lot by plane.You should say:
- How you know this person
- Why he/she travels by plane
- If this person likes/dislikes travelling by plane
Part 3 Questions
- Do you like travelling by plane? Why?/Why not?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of air travel?
- What is the effect of air travel on the environment?
- Do you think that government should restrict air travel for leisure? Why?/Why not?
Talk about a small business in your country that earned a good reputation in society.You should say:
- what kind of business it is
- why it earned a good reputation
- what you can learn from this company
Part 3 Questions
- Is it easy to establish a business in your country?
- What do you think about family owned businesses?
- Would you like to be a manager of such a business? Why?/Why not?
- In your opinion, what are the main responsibilities of a manager? Why?
- What qualities should a good manager possess? Why?
Talk about your favourite song.You should say:
- What is the song about?
- When did you first hear the song?
- Why is it your favourite?
Part 3 Questions
- Does it remind you of something when you hear it?
- What kind of music do children like to listen to?
- Is it different from what you listen to?
- What kind of music does the older generation like to hear?
- Why do people like to listen to music?
- Do you like to sing?
- Do you think everyone can sing?
- What are some of the occasions when people sing?
- Do you think all cultures enjoy singing?