Is Photography Popular In Your Country? | Epic, Uplifting Scenery

Part 1

What is your name?

My full name is Sunita Langhome

Where are you from?

I'm from Biratnagar

Do you work or study?

I work, I'm a full-time accountant for a large business.

Is it easy or difficult to find jobs like that in your country?

It really depends on the job market in a region. Some have an abundance of jobs like these, while others may be struggling with a lack of them. It’s important to research your local area and get advice from people who are familiar with the job market there before you start looking for such positions. It took me about three months to find the perfect job for me, and I was lucky that the market was plentiful!

Do you like your job?

Yes, there's a lot of variety and I get to see and meet a lot of different people every day. It's more interesting than working on my family farm or in an office. But one day I would like to have my own small business.

Do you buy things on the internet?

Yes, I do buy things on the internet. Shopping online is so convenient and there's a great selection of products available to choose from.

I especially like being able to compare prices between different sites and find the best deals. Plus, it saves me time by not having to go out and physically shop. It's definitely my preferred way of shopping.

How often do you normally buy things on the internet?

I usually buy items on the internet about once or twice a month. It really depends on what I'm looking for and how quickly I need it.

Shopping online is also great because there are often coupons and discounts available that can help me save money. Of course, when it comes to things like groceries, I still prefer shopping in person.

Part 2

Talk about a family photograph you like

You should say:
- Who took the photograph?
- Who is in the photograph?
- Why do you like this photograph?


Sample Answer

I'll tell you about a family photograph I like very much, which is a photo of my family, my parents, my brother, and three sisters. It was taken by my uncle when I was still a small girl. We went on a family excursion to various places in Nepal.

The photograph was taken in a place called Butterfly Valley, and it is a group photo. In the background, you can see a spectacular waterfall. We were all much younger then, but I can remember it was a happy time for my family and a really special trip we took together.

Whenever I feel sad, I like to look at this photo because it always reminds me of my beautiful family, how happy we all were, and how lucky we are to have the many blessing we have in our lives. I would like to return there someday and visit that special place again.

I have a copy of the photo which I keep in my room, but we also have a larger version of it framed and hung on the wall in the main social room of our house. Whenever I'm feeling down or overwhelmed by life, I like to go and look at it. It helps me remember how lucky we are and that there is always hope for a better future. Even when times get tough, I know that I can rely on the support of my family and the special memories we shared together in the past. That's why this photo is so important to me.

No matter how far away I might be, that place will always hold a special place in my heart, and it's a reminder of the happiness and love we have shared over the years. Whenever I look at it, I'm reminded of the importance of cherishing what we have and making sure our loved ones know how much we care about them.

And so that's a family photograph I like very much and always will.

Follow-Up question: What is your favorite family photo?

My favorite family photo is one from my first trip to Scotland with my parents. We had just hiked up the side of a mountain and were standing on top, looking out over the beautiful landscape below us.

The sun was setting behind us, casting a soft golden light on the rolling hills and valleys. Everyone in the picture had such big smiles on their faces as if we could feel how special that moment was and wanted to capture it forever.

It's one of those moments that I'll never forget; a reminder that no matter what happens, our little family will always stick together. It's truly one of my most treasured memories!



Part 3

Is photography popular in your country?

In my country, photography is very popular. People of all ages are picking up cameras and snapping away. Whether it is professionals capturing stunning images for awards or just a hobbyist taking photos of their family and friends, the art of photography is alive and thriving in our culture.

We have an abundance of epic, uplifting natural landscapes to capture as well as rich cultural scenes that make for great photographic opportunities.

Technology has also made it easier than ever to take amazing pictures with simple point-and-shoot digital cameras and smartphones.

This makes photography accessible to anyone who wants to try their hand at it - allowing us all to create beautiful memories that we can treasure forever.

What type of photos do you like taking?

I love taking photos that capture moments in time, especially of people and places. I enjoy capturing the beauty of nature and its inhabitants in my photographs.

I'm also a fan of documentary-style photography, which allows me to capture real stories and tell a story through my images. From urban cityscapes to tranquil landscapes, I take great pleasure in getting creative with my photography skills.

Aside from traditional photos, I have recently taken up digital artistry as well. With this type of photography, I can explore new ways to combine visuals to create something unique and beautiful. It's been an exciting journey learning the different techniques used to bring these works of art to life.



Do you like people taking photos of you?

No, I don't really like having my photo taken. It always feels a little awkward to me, like I'm being judged or stared at. Plus, I get really self-conscious about how I look in photos. So usually when someone points a camera in my direction, my first instinct is to turn away and hide.

In your opinion, what elements make a good photograph?

I think it's important that the content of the photo is interesting, or if it's of people, then they are all happy and well positioned. The color and lighting can also affect how good a photo is.

The best photos I have seen seem to manage to capture the 'feeling' of the moment or the spirit of the place where it was taken. So composition, lighting, focus and locationcan be very important.

Do you think photography is a form of art?

Is photography art? Yes, there are some famous photographers in the world, and some photographs are certainly very beautiful to look at. Like painting and sculpting, photography can be a very interesting way of expressing things, or capturing a special moment or place forever.

Do people in your country attend photography classes?

I'm not sure. I don't have any friends who go to photography classes or do a photography course, but there are schools or colleges for art and fashion here in Nepal so I suppose that quite a lot of people must be interested in photography and maybe study it or learn more about it than just taking snapshots of their family.



Do you like to hang photographs on the walls of your home?

Yes, but it's my mother who organizes them all. She loves to choose the photographs and where exactly to hang them.

You could call it her hobby. We are quite a large family and most of the photographs are of family members, cousins, nieces and nephews and so she always has a new photo which she wants to show everyone.