Do you forget things often? | How can we improve our memory?


IELTS Speaking Part 3 Questions

Do you forget things often? Why?/Why not?

No, not really but then I don’t try to remember a lot of things at the same time. If something is important then I usually write it down someplace – make a note, either on paper, or on my phone or computer so that I don’t forget.

How can we improve our memory?

I suppose the easiest way would be to practice memorizing things more often – practice makes perfect - or as I said earlier, get into the habit of making notes or reminders for things that you don’t want to forget, nowadays it’s easier than ever – just program a reminder in your phone anytime and set the alarm so you can’t forget.



Do you think memory is important?

Yes, memory is definitely important. Memory enables you to access past experiences and knowledge to make better decisions in the present, and it also allows you to retain your sense of self and personal identity.

Memory is also important for emotional wellbeing because it helps you process and store memories of positive experiences. These can help boost your mood, and memories of negative experiences can help you deal with them effectively. Overall, memory is a very important part of who we are as individuals.

Can you describe something you do to forget about work or study?

One thing I do to forget about work is watching a funny movie. When I'm engrossed in a funny movie, I forget about everything else and just enjoy the film. For example, I recently watched The Hangover and laughed out loud several times. It definitely helped me forget about my work stress!

Another thing I like to do is go for a walk or run outside. Fresh air and some exercise always help clear my head and relax me. Plus, being outdoors in nature is very peaceful and calming for me. Taking some time for myself to do something I enjoy helps de-stress and reset my mind so I can approach work or study with a fresh perspective.

Can you describe a way to improve your memory?

You can do several things to improve your memory. The most important is to keep your mind active and challenged. Puzzles, sudoku, crosswords, and other mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain functioning at its best. It's also important to get regular physical exercise, as exercise helps increase blood flow and oxygenation to the brain.

Another thing you can do to improve memory retention is break up information into small chunks and repeat it several times over and over again. Another is to create visual associations with the information you want to remember—connecting what you're trying to remember with something easy for you to picture in your mind.