IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Describe A Relaxing Day You Had

Cue Card | IELTS Speaking Part 2

Describe a relaxing day you had once after a period of hard work or study

You should say:
  • when you had this relaxing day
  • where you spent this day
  • who you spent it with (and what you did)
and explain why it was relaxing or explain why you needed this day of relaxation.

Sample Answer | Describe a relaxing day you had


I remember having a really relaxing day about a year ago. I had just finished up a big project at work and decided to take the day off. I went to my favorite coffee shop in the morning and read my book while enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee.

Then I walked around town, window shopping and doing some people watching. In the afternoon, I met up with a friend for lunch and we caught up over some delicious food. We chatted about everything and nothing, and it was really nice to just relax and connect with someone I care about.

After lunch, I went home and took a long nap. It was the perfect day – just what I needed to recharge after a busy period at work.

I was ready to face the world again after that relaxing day, and I felt refreshed and invigorated. It's important to take some time for yourself every now and then, to recharge and relax.

I had been feeling a bit stressed out and burned out lately, so I badly needed to have a relaxing day - and that day off was perfect. It was a reminder that life is meant to be enjoyed, not just worked through.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to take a break every once in a while, and I'll definitely be taking more days like this in the future. It was a relaxing day that did wonders for my mental health and overall well-being.

If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed, I encourage you to take some time for yourself and relax. You deserve it!

Follow-up question | How often do you give yourself a break?

I try to take a break at least once a week, whether it's a mental health day, a weekend getaway, or just taking some time off from work to relax at home. I find that regular breaks are essential for my mental health and overall well-being.