A New / Important / Interesting / Useful Skill You Would Like to Learn

A new / important / interesting / useful skill you would like to learn

Speaking Topics: Describe a skill you want to learn

Describe a skill you would like to learn.
  • what it is
  • why you think it is important
  • how you are going to learn it
and explain what role it will play in your future life.


Sample Answer - A skill you want to learn

I’d really like to learn how to trade online, it’s something I’ve heard a lot about and I have a friend who has been doing it for some time now and he seems to be quite good at it – he makes money nearly every month – which he’s very happy about. There seem to be various ways of doing it and when I say trading, I suppose I mean all kinds of buying and selling of stocks and options online.

One of the reasons this skill might be useful is because you can do it independently, almost anywhere you are, at anytime you want – or not. It appears to be very flexible, all you really need is a good internet connection and the necessary knowledge, I’ve even seen some apps for smartphones which provide free stock trading online so you can apparently buy and sell anywhere – something you could do from home, or in the evenings maybe or even if you’re away from your laptop.

I’ll probably spend some time doing some serious research into the subject soon, because I’ve been thinking more about it recently – but haven’t really done anything about it yet. I’ll look at the different types of trading available, look for reviews by professionals about the best stock trading platforms to use and I suppose I’ll have to start studying the trading techniques and strategies that you can use. It all looks a little complicated at first glance, but I’m sure once I get into the subject, it will become clearer.

If I become good at it, which I hope I do, I might use it as a method to supplement my salary as well as to have another interest apart from work and the other social things I do at the moment. Depending on how good I am at doing it – I might even consider doing it full time – I believe there are a growing number of people trading on a full time basis and making a living from doing it. And if I’m no good at it, at least the research and experience will have been useful for my university studies, as I’m studying international finance and business, so it won’t be timed wasted finding out the background to various financial markets and how they are influenced.

I suppose working from home has many benefits in comparison to having to go to work in an office or something similar every day, and being your own boss is an idea I identify with strongly. It could become my main source of income, if I learn all the necessary skills and have an aptitude for trading – that would be really great – to have my own business making money on the financial markets.




Related Questions

  • Describe / Talk about a new skill that you would like to learn
  • Describe / Talk about an important skill you would like to learn
  • Describe / Talk about a useful skill that you would like to learn
  • Describe / Talk about an interesting skill you want to learn
  • Describe / Talk about a new skill you learned that you think is important
  • Describe / Talk about a skill that was difficult for you to learn
  • Describe / Talk about a skill that takes a long time to learn
  • What is a skill you would like to learn and why?
  • What skill would you like to have?
  • Describe / Talk about a skill that you can learn from an older person
  • Describe / Talk about a difficult skill you have learned
  • Describe / Talk about a skill that you have wanted to learn for a loing time
  • Describe / Talk about a skill you learned from someone
  • How can I answer "Describe / Talk about ..." questions?

    Use these 3 steps:
    1. Restate the question in your own words
    2. List a few key points to include in your answer
    3. Summarize your answer in one or two sentences

    The best way to answer this type of question is to restate the question in your own words, list a few key points that you would include in your answer, and then summarize your answer in one or two sentences.

    For example, if the question is "Talk about some tips for staying organized?" you might say something like:

    Some tips for staying organized include creating a daily/weekly schedule, setting aside time each day/week to declutter and organize your space, and utilizing storage solutions to keep items out of sight.

    - A great idea is to create a daily/weekly schedule... (Expand on this idea / how? / when? / during the week? at the weekend?)
    - You should also set aside time each day/week... (Expand on this idea / suggest examples)
    -And one of the best ways to saty organized is to utilize storage solutions... (Expand on this idea / give examples)

    So, staying organized can help reduce stress, increase productivity, and make your space more enjoyable to be in.
    (Finish by summarizing your answer in one or two sentences.)
    To stay organized, create a schedule, set aside time each day or week to declutter, and use storage solutions. This will help reduce stress and increase productivity.