How to Answer Cambridge IELTS Book 10 Speaking Test 1 Part 1

ChatGPT Prompts for IELTS

Cambridge IELTS 10 Test 1 Part 1

How do you usually spend your weekends?

Well, it depends on if I have any special plans or not. For example, last weekend I went to visit a friend for the weekend and while that’s not a usual weekend, nearly every other weekend I try to go out and do something different, either with friends, family or even by myself.

But a normal weekend when I have nothing particular planned would revolve around my family and just being at home relaxing.

I usually help my mother around the house and maybe help her out with grocery shopping and preparing the meals and then we might watch a movie together, as a family, in the afternoon or evening.

Later in the day I usually spend some time reading or planning what I need to do during the coming week. But I like spending time with my family like this because it’s important to me.

Which is your favourite part of the weekend?

Really, I don’t have a favourite part as in Saturday or Sunday or morning or night time. I guess I like having big meals with my family at weekends which we don’t always manage to do during the week, so that’s nice, but overall I enjoy all of the weekend and just being around my family.

Do you think weekends are long enough?

In general, yes, I mean it’s not something that is probably going to change so I’ve never really considered if two days are long enough or not.

It’s always been two days. I feel that it’s time enough to have a break in your routine from during the week, and it’s also enough time to do things like traveling and visiting other places.

Sure, it might be nice to have a third day or even more sometimes, but that’s not something which is very likely to happen.

And I suppose if we did have a three-day weekend, it would only make the four week days even busier than now, and I’m not sure a lot of people would like that, unless of course, we add another day to the week and have eight-day weeks.

But again, I can’t imagine that happening because it would disrupt so many things around the world.

How important do you think it is to have free time at the weekends?

Having enough free time is very important for overall wellbeing and balance in life, but it doesn’t necessarily all have to be at the weekends, it’s just that for most people it’s the case that the weekends are the time when they have most of their free time because they’re so busy during the week.

But if you have a quiet day, say Wednesday for example, when you’re less busy than normal and you can have some free time to do something you like, then I suppose if Saturday was full of family activities or other things you had to do, you wouldn’t mind so much because you would’ve had some free time during the week.



How would you answer these IELTS exam questions about weekends?

Part 2 Part 3