Speaking for IELTS - Photographs, Photography, Selfies, Family Photographs

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions &338; Answers

Do you like to take photographs?

Yes, I love taking pictures and sharing them with my friends. I probably take four or five a day on average and sometimes a lot more depending on where I am and what I’m doing. If I go out with friends for the day or go some place special then I usually take a lot more than on just a normal day, for example.

Would you like to study photography?

Not particularly. I’m not really interested in the technicalities or the art side of photography – I just like capturing moments rather than composing shots and things like that.

It’s nice to see some impressive photographs taken by professionals – but it’s not something I would like to study or try and do professionally.

How often do you take photographs?

It depends, if something funny or interesting happens then I’ll snap it on my phone and share it on Facebook or Instagram, but if I’m not doing anything interesting then I don’t really think about taking photos or pictures.

I guess on average I take at least one picture a day, sometimes a lot more, so very frequently I suppose.

Do you take photographs of yourself?

No, not really – I’m not into the whole ‘selfie’ thing – I prefer to take photos of other people, things or places. Like yesterday, for example, I took a photo of some clothes and sent them to a friend to ask her what she thought about them while I was thinking about buying them.

Later in the day I took a pic of my mother at home with my sister, and then in the evening I was out with some friends and we went to a restaurant and I took a couple of photos of us together – a group photo.

So typically I’m in the photos but with other people, not just by myself.

Do you have any good family photographs?

Yes, a lot. I like taking photos of my family, and so do my sisters, especially on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and other special days when we’re all together.

I’ve got quite a big family, so it’s sometimes a challenge to get us all together in a photo – but we’ve got some really good ones over the years.

Part 2 Cue Card - Talk about a happy event in your life