Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

Talk about a Noisy Environment You Experienced | IELTS Speaking Test Cue Card & Answer

IELTS Speaking Part 2 Cue Card

Talk about a noisy environment you experienced

You should say:
  • where it was
  • what type of noise it was
  • what you were doing at the time
and explain if it affected you negatively or not.

IELTS Cue Card Answer | Talk about a Noisy Environment

The last time I was in a really noisy environment was last month. In reality, it wasn’t my choice to be in a noisy place – what happened was that my neighbors next to me were having some construction work done on their house, so for about three weeks I had to put up with constant noise coming from jackhammers, drills, and banging and other such things.

I suppose I can’t complain, because it was only during the day, and everybody has the right to improve their home or where they live, right?

Unfortunately, I was working from home during that time otherwise I probably wouldn’t have noticed it at all – but as I was at home all day, every day, I soon became a little irritated by the constant noises coming from next door. I was trying to study, so it was even more frustrating than it would have been if I had just been relaxing at home.

The worst times were when the construction workers were drilling or using the pneumatic jackhammer – the noise would start and then stop, start and then stop again – and just when I thought they had finished – it would start again. It really became intrusive after a while.

In the end, you know what I did, I started to study after they had finished work for the day, and then slept later than normal – it was the only way I could really get anything done, and it worked for a while, but then I got really tired and grumpy because I was trying to sleep sometimes during the day and the noise would wake me up.

Finally, they finished and things got back to normal. I guess it’s not something they’ll be doing again soon so hopefully things will be nice and peaceful again now.

No comments:

Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!