Describe A Place Where You Enjoyed Learning About Another Culture

  • IELTS Speaking
  • Part 2 Questions
  • Learning about another culture

IELTS speaking learning about another culture

IELTS Speaking Part 2

Cue card and Sample Answer

Describe a place where you enjoyed .

You should say:

  • what place it was
  • why you went there
  • what you learned

and explain why you enjoyed learning about this culture.



IELTS Speaking

Sample Answer

Learning about another culture

When I was growing up I always wanted to visit London, in England. I remember watching a program about Sherlock Holmes on TV, and I thought London was fascinating. Hopefully, next year I’ll be studying in London at the London School of Economics.

I wanted to learn more about English culture from British people, so I joined an English conversation group here in my city where there were three different teachers from different parts of Britain, and one of them was from London.

We used to meet in a local school for a couple of hours each week, usually on a Friday evening after classes. The different teachers organized speaking activities for the people who attended to practice their English conversation skills.

There were about 12 to 15 people in the group, and we usually had a good time, and most of us became good friends as well.

My main reason for going to the conversation group was to practice my English conversation skills for the IELTS Speaking test and learn as much as I could about England before my trip there next year.

These meetings gave me a chance to learn a lot more about life in England, and, in particular, London. It was excellent to speak with people who could tell me all about everyday life, social activities, how people think, some of their values, and talk about popular music, food, and everything else to do with their culture.

Now I feel that I understand a lot more than what I have simply by reading about it in textbooks before and I’m looking forward to spending time in London next year.



How would you answer this IELTS speaking test question about describe a place where you enjoyed learning about another culture?

  • Which culture would you like to learn about?
  • In your opinion, what is the best way to learn about a different culture?
  • What are the benefits of learning about a culture by visiting the country?