Birds IELTS speaking Part 1

Birds topic for speaking for IELTS

IELTS Speaking Part 1

Do you like birds? Why? Why not?

Yes, I love birds! They are so beautiful and graceful. I enjoy watching them fly and hearing their songs. Birds also remind me of nature and the outdoors, which I love.

How do you feel about birds? [Why do you feel that way?]

I love birds because they are so beautiful and majestic. I feel a sense of wonder when I see them soaring through the sky or perched atop a tree. They remind me of the beauty and fragility of nature.

Why do you think people might be scared of birds?

Some people might be scared of birds because they are afraid of being attacked by them. Others might be scared because they simply don't like the way they look. Some birds can look quite menacing, especially when they are swooping down on their prey. Whatever the reason, some people just don't like birds and think they are scary creatures.

How do people in your country feel about birds?

Some people in my country feel positively about birds and enjoy watching them, while others may find them to be pests. There is a wide range of opinions on birds in my country. Some people see them as beautiful creatures that add interest to our lives, while others view them as nothing more than a nuisance. It really depends on the individual.

Are there many birds near your home?

There are a few birds near my home, but not an overwhelming number. I don't really have any strong feelings about them one way or another. They're just there, and I generally ignore them.

Have you seen many different kinds of birds? (near your home)?

There are a few different kinds of birds near my home, but nothing too exotic. I've seen sparrows, robins, crows, and the occasional seagull. Again, I don't really have any strong feelings about them. They're just another part of the scenery.

Do any birds have any particular significance in your country? For example, does your country have a national bird?

Not that I'm aware of. There isn't really a national bird in my country, and birds, in general, don't seem to hold a lot of significance. They're just another part of the natural world.

Do you think birds should be protected? [Why? / Why not?]

I don't have a strong opinion on this. I suppose if they're in danger of becoming extinct, then it makes sense to try and protect them. But I'm not sure if there are any birds in my country in danger of extinction.

How can birds be protected?

There are many ways in which we can protect birds. Some of the most effective ways include:

1. Creating and maintaining bird-friendly habitat: This can be done by planting native vegetation, providing nesting boxes and roosting sites, and avoiding the use of pesticides and herbicides.

2. Reducing or eliminating threats: This includes things like reducing collisions with man-made structures, preventing habitat loss and degradation, and mitigating the effects of climate change.

3. Monitoring and research: This helps us to understand bird populations and identify threats so that we can take action to protect them.

4. Education and awareness: Raising awareness about the importance of bird conservation can help get more people on board with the idea.

Do people in your country like raising (keeping) pet birds?

In my country, there are a lot of people who keep pet birds. They see it as a fun activity and enjoy the companionship that the bird provides.

Many people appreciate the beauty of birds and enjoy having them around. However, some people do not like the idea of keeping pet birds because they think that it is cruel to keep them in cages.

I think that it is okay to keep pet birds as long as they are well-cared for and have enough space to fly around.

Have you ever raised (kept) a pet bird?

Yes, I have. I used to have a pet bird when I was younger and I loved it. I taught it how to do tricks and it was always so much fun to watch it play.

What did you feed it?

I fed it pellets, water, and some bird seed.

What are your thoughts on keeping pet birds? Do you think it is cruel, or do you think it is okay as long as they are well-cared for?

I think that it is okay to keep pet birds as long as they are well-cared for and have enough space to fly around.

I believe that if they are kept in a small cage, then it can be considered cruel, but as long as they have a spacious cage to live in, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Do you think that pet birds should be allowed to fly freely inside the house?

No, I don’t think so. I think that if they are let out of their cages, they should be supervised so that they don’t fly into something and hurt themselves.