What places are usually crowded in your country?

IELTS Speaking Practice Icon, What places are usually crowded in your country?
IELTS Speaking Practice | Crowded Places

What places are usually crowded in your country?

Sample Answer

What places are usually crowded in your country?
In my country, the most crowded places are shopping malls, public transport stations and tourist spots. Shopping malls, especially on weekends or holidays are packed. I think it’s because they’re so convenient – you can get everything done in one place, whether it’s shopping, eating or just hanging out. And malls have entertainment options like cinemas so it naturally attracts a big crowd. I personally avoid malls on weekends because it gets too much to deal with - so many people in one place at the same time - because I don't like big crowds.

Another crowded spot is public transport, especially during rush hours. Trains and buses are full of commuters going to work or school and it’s not uncommon to see people waiting for multiple trains just to get in. I used to take the train every day and sometimes I’d have to squeeze in just to get a spot. It was crazy!

Anyway, I suppose that taking the bus or train is the cheapest and easiest way to get around, for most people. But I have to admit, I try to avoid it whenever I can - it's just so unpleasant!

Oh, and, some of the most crowded places in my country include the well-known tourist hotspots everybody loves. I'm talking about popular places like our famous urban landmarks, national parks and beautiful beaches. These are always really crowded, especially during summer or public holidays. Last summer I went to a popular beach and, honestly, it was so crowded I couldn’t find a spot to sit down! I think it’s probably because these places are well-known and easy to get to, so they attract both locals and tourists.

Overall it seems that crowds form where there’s convenience or something to see. But I think if there were maybe more alternatives, it would help spread the crowds out a bit.