IELTS Speaking Part 3 Culture and Emails

IELTS Speaking Test Part 3 Questions

What effects, if any, do you think the use of emails might have on traditional culture?

Well, there’ll be some for sure, for example, less people buy writing paper and envelopes and stamps to send letter than they used to. That must have affected the post office and the services it offers, as well as the number of staff employed in delivering letters, but then they still deliver a lot of other types of material.

I suppose small shops that used to sell a lot letter paper might have experienced a change; I mean it’s one less reason for people to go to the shop, if it’s a small one, if you don’t have to buy things for writing letters.

Really, emails have become so common, they’re no longer a new thing – so I think they’ve already been integrated into daily life for many years and there doesn’t seem to have been any dramatic effect on traditional culture.

If anything, it’s more likely to have brought people more together – a positive impact. I know in my own case, I send emails to my elderly relatives more frequently now than I ever used to send them letters, because it’s so much easier – and so we actually keep in touch more often – which is a big bonus.



Next Question