Describe an Outdoor Sport You Would Like to Try for the First Time

IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Long Turn | 2 mins | Candidate Task Card | An outdoor sport you would like to try for the first time

Describe an outdoor sport you would like to try for the first time

You should say:
  • What the sport is
  • Why you want to try it
  • What preparations or equipment you think you would need
And explain how you feel about trying this sport.

Sample Answer

I've been dying to try paragliding lately. Just thinking about floating up high with just a parachute is super exciting and feels like an adventure I've never really explored before. I want to see the world from way up there, feel that adrenaline rush of beating gravity, and just take a break from all the noise down below.

Of course, I know I've got to train properly with a certified instructor first. Can't skip on the safety gear like harnesses, helmets, and the paraglider itself. Also, gotta dress right for the weather to make sure it's fun and not freezing or boiling up there. With all the risks of flying high, I'm all in for a detailed course that teaches me everything from how paragliding works to what to do if things don't go as planned.

I'm bouncing between being super pumped and a bit scared. The idea of hanging in the air kinda freaks me out, but it's nothing compared to how awesome it's going to be to see everything from above and just fly. For me, this is about pushing my limits and seeing what else I can do, both in the air and in life.

Follow-Up Question: How do you think trying this sport is going to test your fitness and make you feel mentally?

I really think paragliding is going to be awesome for me, both for getting fit and feeling good mentally. It looks like it needs some serious core strength and stamina, which I'm pretty sure will get better the more I do it. And mentally? Flying through the air is just going to be amazing and it’s going to help me keep my cool and stay sharp, all while cutting down on stress and making me see all the cool stuff life has to offer. Basically, I’m expecting paragliding to be more than just a fun sport; it’s going to help me grow in every way.


Comments