Describe A Place You Go To Do Outdoor Activities

IELTS Speaking Part 2 | Long Turn | Candidate Task Card | A place you go to do outdoor activities

Describe a place you go to do outdoor activities

You should say:
  • Where this place is
  • What kind of outdoor activities you do there
  • Who you go there with
And explain why you enjoy going to this place.

Sample Answer

One of my top favorite places for outdoor activities and fun has got to be the Lake District National Park, right in the heart of England. It's this huge, beautiful green space with awesome hills, calm lakes, and loads of greenery - perfect for anything from hiking and biking to chill stuff like fishing or bird watching.

Whenever I can, I head there with my friends. We've pretty much walked all the trails, each with its cool views and challenges. Climbing up Scafell Pike, the tallest mountain in England, is something we always love. Reaching the top feels amazing, and the views are just out of this world. It's those moments, you know when you're out there with friends, surrounded by nature, that feel incredibly peaceful and fulfilling.

I guess I love it there so much for a couple of reasons. First, it's my escape from city noise, a place to chill and get back to nature. And second, the memories I've made with my friends are priceless. Every trip brings us closer. As a group, we always try to visit at least once a year to enjoy this idyllic place and all it has to offer for those who love outdoor activities.

Follow-up Question: Do you think outdoor activities are important? Why or why not?

I'm really passionate about getting outdoors. It's not just great for keeping fit - but it does wonders for your mind, too. Stepping away from all our screens and getting into nature helps us unwind and de-stress. There's something special about mixing physical activity with the beauty of the outdoors, isn't there? It helps us find ourselves and shake off the stress.

Plus, being outside makes us feel more connected to nature. It's like we care more about our planet and our role in looking after it. I think that's super important for us and the world.


Comments