Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

October IELTS Speaking Test Questions & Answers | work, celebrities, colors, something that made you laugh a lot, comedy and language


IELTS Speaking Test Part 1

This IELTS speaking test includes questions about:
  • why you chose your work
  • celebrities
  • colors
  • something that made you laugh a lot
  • comedy, humor, jokes



What is your full name?

My name is …

Can I see your identification please?

Sure, here’s my ID card.

Where are you from?

I’m from [city]

Do you work or study?

I work, I’m an Electrical Engineer.

Why did you choose this field?

It was something I became interested in while at school initially. I like doing the experiments about electricity in the science class and wanted to learn more about it.

I also had an uncle who was an electrician so I used to watch him working sometimes and I used to think it was an interesting thing to do – he was able to repair and build all kinds of electrical things. I guess that’s what really got me interested in finding out more about it.

Do you like celebrities? Why? Why not?

I would have to say I’m indifferent to them. I don’t particularly like them, but I’ve got nothing against them. They’re just people who happen to do things that are seen or shared with millions of people around the world.

Would you like to be a celebrity? Why? Why not?

I’ve never really wanted to be famous or anything like that. I guess it might have some benefits, like the money, but it’s also got some drawbacks too – like all the paparazzi, lots of haters, and it can be difficult for them to have a real private live sometimes because they get followed everywhere they go. And it’s not just them – it’s their family as well that tend to get a lot of attention.

If I wanted to be a celebrity, I think I would’ve wanted to be one maybe fifty years ago before the media and especially social media became so obsessed with celebrity culture – I think celebrities had an easier time back then.

Who are the most popular celebrities in your country?

In general, it’s the same as in most countries I think; pop stars and soccer players in particular are usually celebrities, and then movie stars, TV personalities and actors, maybe authors and then maybe politicians if you can call them celebrities.

Have you ever met a celebrity in person?

No, not personally, but I once saw the actor Sean Connery, who used to play James Bond, in the airport. But I didn’t actually meet him.

What color do you like the most? Why?

I like black, I know some people say black isn’t a color but I like it for a lot of things. I love black or dark clothes because they are so practical and they can also look smart if you accessorize them right. I also have a black car.

What colors do your friends prefer? Why?

One of my friends has similar taste in colors to me – preferring darker colors and shades than bright or light colors. But another friend is the complete opposite; she works in the fashion industry and she is always nagging me about my lack of color.

She’s always telling me which color is ‘in’ this season and trying to advise me how to add color to my wardrobe and things like that. Her favorite colors at the moment are olive and copper tones, very earthy shades because it’s fall – apparently they’re the top colors this season.
Part 2 Part 3




Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!