IELTS : work, celebrities, colors, laughter, comedy and language

This IELTS speaking test includes questions about: why you chose your work, celebrities, colors, something that made you laugh a lot, comedy, humor, and jokes.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1



Questions about celebrities IELTS Speaking Part 1

Do you like celebrities? Why? Why not?

I would have to say I’m indifferent to them. I don’t particularly like them, but I’ve got nothing against them.

They’re just people who happen to do things that are seen or shared with millions of people around the world.

Would you like to be a celebrity? Why? Why not?

I’ve never really wanted to be famous or anything like that. I guess it might have some benefits, like the money, but it’s also got some drawbacks too – like all the paparazzi.

There are also lots of haters, and it can be difficult for them to have a real private live sometimes because they get followed everywhere they go.

And it’s not just them – it’s their family as well that tend to get a lot of attention.

If I wanted to be a celebrity, I think I would’ve wanted to be one maybe fifty years ago before the media and especially social media became so obsessed with celebrity culture – I think celebrities had an easier time back then.

Who is your favourite celebrity?

My favorite celebrity is definitely Tracee Ellis Ross. I love her style, her demeanor, and how unapologetically she is about everything. She seems like she's always just having the time of her life and that spills over into everything she does -which I think is incredibly inspiring.

Would you like to be a famous person?

No, I would not like to be a famous person. Fame can be a burden, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. There are many drawbacks to being famous, such as having less privacy, dealing with the paparazzi, and having to always put on a show for the public. Plus, there is a lot of pressure to maintain a certain image and stay in the limelight. I'm content living my life under the radar.

What are the hardships of a celebrity?

Just like everyone else, celebrities have their own share of hardships. Though they may seem to live a charmed life, the reality is often quite different. Some of the common hardships that celebrities face are:

  • Constant scrutiny. Celebrities are always under the microscope, with every move and action being analyzed and critiqued by the public. This can be extremely stressful and takes a toll on their mental health.
  • Body shaming. Another harsh reality that celebrities have to deal with is body shaming. Because they are constantly in the spotlight, any slight change in their appearance will be quickly noticed and commented on. This can lead to feelings of insecurity and low self-esteem.
  • Addiction. Unfortunately, many celebrities struggle with addiction. This is often due to the high-pressure lifestyle they lead and the fact that drugs and alcohol are easily accessible to them.

Who are the most popular celebrities in your country?

In general, it’s the same as in most countries I think; pop stars and soccer players in particular are usually celebrities, and then movie stars, TV personalities and actors, maybe authors and then maybe politicians if you can call them celebrities.

Have you ever met a celebrity in real life?

No, not personally, but I once saw the actor Sean Connery, who used to play James Bond, in the airport. But I didn’t actually meet him.

Questions about colors

What color do you like the most? Why?

I like black, I know some people say black isn’t a color but I like it for a lot of things. I love black or dark clothes because they are so practical and they can also look smart if you accessorize them right. I also have a black car.

What colors do your friends prefer? Why?

One of my friends has similar taste in colors to me – preferring darker colors and shades than bright or light colors. But another friend is the complete opposite; she works in the fashion industry and she is always nagging me about my lack of color.

She’s always telling me which color is ‘in’ this season and trying to advise me how to add color to my wardrobe and things like that.

Her favorite colors at the moment are olive and copper tones, very earthy shades because it’s fall – apparently they’re the top colors this season.




How would you answer these IELTS speaking test questions?

IELTS Speaking Test Part 2

IELTS Speaking Test Part 3

Share these IELTS speaking questions & answers

More Questions About celebrities

What are some good questions for celebrities?

I can think of some great questions to ask celebrities:

  • How do they think fame has changed them?
  • What do they like/hate about attending red carpet events?
  • What was their most memorable fan encounter?
  • What do they believe is the biggest misconception about celebrities?
  • Do they feel like they have to censor themselves more since becoming famous?
  • What projects are they working on that they're excited about?
  • Do they ever get homesick while traveling?
  • What's the best advice a celebrity has ever been given?