Talk About a Piece of Clothing That You Received as a Gift Recently

Describe an item of clothing that you received as a gift recently

This IELTS cue card asks about a piece/an item of clothing that was given to you (a gift) by someone.

IELTS Speaking Part 2

Talk about a piece of clothing that you received as a gift recently.

You should say:

  • what it was
  • when you received it
  • who gave it to you

and if this gift was important to you.



Describe a Piece of Clothing That You Received as a Gift

Okay, so about three months ago my sister bought me a special present. She bought me a pair of Nike Free 5.0 sports shoes.

They’re really great for most of the activities that I do and they have super Nike Free cushioning which makes them really comfortable to wear.

I’d mentioned a while ago that I was thinking of buying them – but I’ve been so busy recently I just haven’t had time to go out and look for them.

Originally, I had seen them online but they didn’t ship to here, so I had planned to scout around in some of the sports shops downtown to see if they stocked them, or something similar.

Anyway, completely out of the blue, my sister turned up and presented me with a gift one afternoon – I had no idea what she had bought me.

As I was unwrapping the box I realized what she had bought and I couldn’t believe it.

It’s not the first time we’ve surprised each other with small gifts before – but this was bigger than usual – and I love them.

I tried them on immediately and wore them for the rest of the day – just because they were so comfortable.

Honestly, I can’t say it was an important gift in the sense that it changed my life or was extremely valuable or something like that.

But it was really special – because I never would have imagined that she paid any attention to the fact that I’d mentioned I was thinking of buying a pair of Nike Frees a while back, so it just goes to show how much she cares – and I love her for that, that’s why it’s so special.

I just hope I can return the favor soon, and buy her something really nice that she’s been wanting for some time – the problem is that I’m really bad at shopping for other people, but I’ll definitely be making an effort for my sister – she’s the best!



How would you answer this question about a piece of clothing that you received as a gift recently?

Related

  • Talk about a product you received for free as a gift when you purchased an item