Describe a Piece of Electronic Equipment You Find Useful

IELTS|Describe a piece of electronic equipment you find useful

Describe a device that you find useful

I find my Fitbit Charge to be extremely useful! It helps me track my steps, heart rate, and calorie intake, which allows me to stay on top of my fitness goals.

Plus, the notifications it sends me help keep me on track. For example, if I'm close to my daily step goal, the Fitbit will send me a notification so I can push myself to finish strong.

I would recommend this device to anyone looking for a way to stay motivated and accountable when it comes to their fitness goals!



Describe a piece of electronic equipment that you find useful

You should say:
- what it is
- how you learned to use it
- how long you have had it
and explain why you find this piece of electronic equipment useful.

IELTS Cue Card Sample Answer

I suppose the item I use most, and therefore probably the most useful would be my notebook or laptop. This particular one I’ve had for just under a year, but it’s my third or fourth laptop, so it was more of just an upgrade rather than changing from a desktop PC to a laptop.

Anyway, I purchased it about a year ago because my old one had a couple of problems, with the battery and the cooling fan, and it was quite old as well - so I decided to invest in a new one.

This one works on Windows 11, which I hadn’t used before, so It took a few days to get used to it and configure it as I wanted – but it was easy as the setup is quite intuitive.

The only thing that took a little getting used was the touch screen functionality which my old laptop didn’t have. But most of the time I use a wireless mouse because I find it more precise and quicker than swiping and tapping the screen all the time.

Really, I didn’t have any problems using it, but as always, if I’m unsure about something, then the online help function really helps, or just Google the query and see what other people have done to solve problems.

After downloading a couple of apps for audio and video editing and installing them, I was all ready to go.

I’m pleased with it so far, in the first year it hasn’t given me any problems and has been super reliable, although now the keyboard is beginning to show signs of normal wear and tear.

It gets used a lot – every day for work and studying – so I’m not surprised it’s beginning to look well used – it has been. I guess next year I’ll maybe think about replacing it with a newer version.

How would you answer this IELTS speaking question about describe a piece of electronic equipment that you find useful?

Here are some other ideas that you can expand into full answers.

There's no one formula for turning a basic idea into a full cue card answer that lasts 2 minutes for the IELTS speaking test. However, here are a few tips to help you get started:

  • Start by introducing the basic idea and explaining why it's important.
  • Flesh out the basic idea with specific examples and details. Include more details - for example, how long you've had it, where and when you bought it, why you bought it, what you like best about it, etc.
  • Make sure to speak clearly and at a moderate pace.
  • Practice your cue card answer aloud so that you sound natural when speaking in English.

Describe an electronic device that has changed your life

Answer: I'm not sure if this counts as an electronic device, but my Keurig coffee maker has definitely changed my life. Before I had it, I was stuck drinking instant coffee or making drip coffee in a pot, neither of which were great options. Now I can have a fresh cup of coffee whenever I want, and it's made such a difference in my mornings.

Describe an electronic item that you think is essential in your home

Answer: The electronic item that I think is essential in my home is a vacuum cleaner. It helps me keep my floors clean and free of dust and dirt. It also helps to reduce allergens in the air, which is important for my family's health.

Answer: Many electronic items can be considered essential in a home, but I would say that an Amazon Echo or similar device is essential. I use mine for everything from setting alarms and reminders to controlling my smart home devices to playing music and podcasts. It's really become a central part of my day-to-day life, and I couldn't imagine living without it.

Answer: My Roomba is essential because it cleans my floors for me. I have two dogs and a cat, and they track in a lot of dirt and hair. The Roomba helps keep my floors clean so that I don't have to spend my time constantly sweeping and vacuuming.

Describe a useful electronic device

Answer: One useful electronic device is a digital food scale. You can use a digital food scale to measure the weight of different foods, which can help with portion control and tracking calories.

Another useful electronic device is a pedometer. You can use a pedometer to track the number of steps taken each day, which can help you to increase your daily physical activity level.

Answer: One useful electronic device is a digital thermometer.

You can use a digital thermometer to measure the temperature of a liquid or gas in real-time. This information can be used for various purposes, from monitoring the progress of a chemical reaction to ensuring that an engine is running at the correct temperature. Also, digital thermometers are relatively inexpensive and easy to use, making them a popular choice for hobbyists and professionals alike.



Describe an electronic item that is important to you

Answer: My computer is important to me because it's my main way of communicating with the world. I use it for work, personal emails and messages, online shopping, and entertainment. It's also my main tool for staying organized and productive. I couldn't live without it!

Describe a piece of technology that you find useful

Answer: I find a lot of useful technology in my car. For example, I have a GPS that helps me get around town without getting lost. I also have a hands-free calling system that allows me to make calls without taking my hands off the wheel. And, of course, there's the music system that helps me stay entertained while I'm on the road. All of these things make my life a lot easier and more enjoyable.

Answer: I find my Fitbit Blaze really useful. I love that it tracks my steps, heart rate, and calories burned throughout the day. It also has a built-in GPS so I can track my runs, and it monitors how well I'm sleeping at night. Plus, the notifications are really handy for getting texts and calls without needing to pull out my phone.