Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

IELTS Speaking Test Full Questions & Answers

Here are some examples of the questions (with sample answers) asked in a recent IELTS speaking interview.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 Questions

What is your full name?
My name is Jorge

Can I see your ID?
Yes, of course, here’s my ID card

Where are you from?
I’m from Brazil

Do you work or study?
I work, I’m a Mechanical Engineer

Why did you choose this job?
Because I thought it was an interesting job. I love designing things and knowing how things work and trying to improve them. The job I have at the moment is in the automotive sector which is great because I also love cars. So it’s something I really enjoy and it is challenging work.

What kind of food do you like?
Really, I like all kinds of food, but I suppose if I had to choose one type of food rather than another I would go for chicken, usually with some kind of spicy sauce.

When do you usually eat this food?
Chicken? Well, I suppose a couple of times a week at least, although normally in different recipes. So sometimes it might be roasted, fried or grilled, and with different vegetables accompanying it, so it’s always interesting.

Let’s talk about the weather. What is the weather like in your country?
It’s generally warm all year round, between 18°C and 32°C, and there are two distinct periods or seasons, a dry one and then the rainy season. The rainy season only lasts for about three months so it’s quite short, most of the year it’s dry with just some occasional light showers.

What weather do you like more, hot or cold? Why?
Hot, definitely. I don’t like cold weather, I think it’s horrible. I think hot, or warm, weather is much better, everything is easier, you can wear fewer clothes, you don’t have to heat your house or apartment and it’s much nicer to spend time outside.

Do you think you can live in extreme hot or extreme cold conditions? Why?
Personally, I wouldn’t really want to live in either of the extremes, but some people do. There are people who live in very cold places and others who live in incredibly hot climates. I suppose they are used to it so they never really think about it much. I prefer when the climate is comfortable rather than extremely hot or cold. I guess the people who do live in locations where the climate is extreme do so because that’s where they were born and it’s normal for them.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 2 Questions

Talk about your best friend at school. Please say:
  • How did you meet him/her?
  • Describe him/her
  • What did you do together?
  • Why do you remember him/her?

My best friend at school was a boy called John. We met on the first day at school because we were in the same class and actually sat together at the same table in the classroom. We became friends quickly because we were both crazy about playing soccer, we would play at every opportunity possible, in the morning break, at lunchtime, after school and also at weekends.

John was the same age as me, and lived only a couple of streets from where I lived. He was slightly taller than me, with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He was a very happy person and always laughing and joking around – except when he was playing soccer, then he was very serious about it – really, it was the only time he wasn’t making other people laugh. He was a very funny person, in fact, he still is.

I remember John especially because of all the great times we spent together, mainly playing soccer, but as we grew up we also did other things together and we were very close until his family moved away to another part of the country. We’ve kept in touch with each other over the years though and about a year ago I went to visit him and his family for a couple of days. It was great to catch up with him and find out what he’s been doing since we last saw each other.

IELTS Speaking Test Part 3 Questions

Do you think it is difficult for people to stay in contact with friends?
No, not really, I mean with all the technology available today, there’s really no reason to lose contact with someone unless you really don’t want to stay in touch with that person. Maybe it isn’t always possible to visit all your friends in person on a regular basis or as often as you did in the past, but you can send an email, text or videochat with them as often as you want, it’s easy.

What is the most common way to communicate with friends?
Generally, I think it’s by texting each other. It seems to be the most popular way nowadays; it’s easy, instant and in most cases free. It’s certainly how I keep in touch with most of my friends on a regular basis. Everyone has a mobile phone so no matter where they are you can send them a quick text and stay in touch. If they’re busy when they receive it then they can reply later when they’re free – that’s one of the main reasons it’s better than actually calling, you never have to worry about if the other person is occupied when you send them a text.

Why do you think people might care more about friends than family?
Well, possibly because for many people it’s their friends that they spend most time with and share more activities with than with their family.

For example, my family lives in another part of the country, so I don’t see them very often but I generally see my friends all the time. I share more of my life with my friends than my family – but I wouldn‘t say I care more about them than my family, but I do spend more time with them and talk to them more and do more things with them than I do with my family.

I suppose some people might end up caring more about their friends if they become more important than their family in their everyday life or if they are not particularly close with their family.

No comments:

Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!