Latest IELTS Writing Questions & Answers Task 1 | Task 2

Describe something that you cannot live without | IELTS Speaking Test Japan Questions & Answers

IELTS Speaking Test | Part 1

What is your full name?

My name is Asami Takashi

Can I see your ID?

Yes, here's my identification.

Do you work or study?

I am a student.

What city are you from?

I'm from Osaka

Where is it located exactly?

Osaka is in the Kansai region of Honshu, Japan's main island. It is located on the Yodo River on Osaka Bay, it's the third largest city in Japan.

Do you like living there?

Yes, I do, I think it's a lovely place.

Tell me some interesting facts about it.

Okay, well, Osaka is considered to be one of the economic centers of Japan and in the past it was famous as a trading center, especially for rice, and was where the first modern futures market developed.

Are there many large cities in your country?

Not all of them are large, I think there are ten cities which have more than 1 million people living in them. The three largest ones are Tokyo, then Yokohama, Osaka and Nagoya. These are the largest cities and have more than 2 million people living in them. The other cities are smaller.

IELTS Speaking Test | Part 2

IELTS Speaking Test Part 2 Cue Card Topic Questions

Describe the thing that you cannot live without (except phone and internet)

You should say:
  • What is it?
  • Why can’t you manage without it?
  • How long have you had it for?
and explain how you felt when you were without it?

IELTS Speaking Cue Card Answer | Something that you cannot live without

I would have to say my car. Public transport in Japan is not so convenient and sometimes infrequent so havng a car is the preferred choice for getting around, especially if you have to travel to various places. I use my car mainly to go from my home to university and back. But at the moment I'm also workig as a part-time intern in a local business so I have to go there three afternoons a week as well. Trying to do all that by using public trasport would be almost impossible and would take a lot more time.

I've had my car for about two years now, it's a Toyota Prius and I love it. It's very comfortable and well equipped and it's also easy to park and economical to run. I can't imagine having to do all the things I do normally without having my car.

But a few months ago there was a problem with it. I noticed a strange noise coming from the front of the car one day. At first I ignored it, but then it gradually became worse and worse. I told my brother about it and he arranged for the car to be inspected by the mechanic. I'm not a very technical person , but apparently there was a problem with the suspension and they had to replace a part. That is the only problem I've ever had with it. The bad news was that they had to order the part specially and I was without my car for about ten days in total. It made my daily activities very difficult, and I didn't really like using the public transport at all. It wasted so much time.

I was surprised how quickly I had gotten used to having my car and just how convenient it is. I hope that in the future I don't have any more problems with it. It really is an essential part of my life and I don't want to be without it again.

IELTS Speaking Test | Part 3

Why do you think teenagers always want to have the latest devices such as the iPhone 5?

I think it's quite natural. We live in a world that functions and centers around technology nowadays and having the latest device allows you to make the most of the advances and developments in the market. It's the same as older people like to have the latest model of car or a new apartment. People like to have the best or the latest version of things. It's not just teenagers.

Why do they often buy a new one even though they already have one?

One reason could be that each new verison normally has more functions or features than the older one and allows the user to do more or access more things. Some people also believe that the newest version of something is always better.

What do they do with the old one after buying a new one?

Many of my friends give their old devices to their younger brothers or sisters or to another family member. I have one friend who is a real technology freak and he always finds a way to use the old device for something else, another project or purpose.

How hard is it for parents to convince their children not to buy an expensive phone?

I think it's very hard. Many parents grew up without the internet and such digital devices being a normal part of life. They are still relatively new, so parents might not really appreciate just how important and interesting they are for young people.

IELTS Speaking Test

No comments:

Quick & Easy Tips to Improve Your IELTS Speaking

Essential IELTS Speaking Videos

The best IELTS tips from British Council IELTS trainers. Watching these will seriously improve your speaking for IELTS!