Cambridge IELTS 9 Speaking Test 2 Sample Answer | Something New and Exciting

IELTS 9 Speaking Test 2 Part 2
Speaking for IELTS

Describe something you did that was new or exciting

You should say:
  • what you did
  • where and when you did this
  • who you shared the activity with
and explain why this activity was new or exciting for you.

IELTS Cue Card Sample Answer | Describe something you did that was new or exciting

A couple of weeks ago I went with some friends to play paintball.

It’s something I’d never done before, so it was new for me and I was interested to see what it would be like.

My friend, who has been doing this activity for about a year, knew a place just outside the city where they have a special course, or site, all set up for the participants.

We arrived around 10 am, and one of the instructors explained to us all about the safety equipment. They went through the rules for the game and then explained how to use the guns and talked about some basic techniques to navigate the obstacles.

That took about a half-hour. Then we got ready and split into two teams. Each team had four people in it.

We spent about 2 hours doing this activity. I was surprised because it’s more physical than I thought, there’s a lot of running around involved, but it’s also exciting.

I could feel the adrenalin pumping inside me. It took me a few minutes to get used to the idea of firing the gun and dodging other people trying to fire at me, but it was good fun as well as good exercise.

I have to admit that I was disappointed when I got ‘killed’ three times, but hey, it was my first time, so I guess I still have a lot to learn if I want to become as good as my friend.

I can see why many people like this activity - it’s quite addictive, and I’m sure the more you do it, the better you become and then want to play even more. Two of my friends have been doing it for about a year now, and they are quite serious about it.

They have their own equipment and one of them participated in a local tournament last month.

We all had a great time that day and then after we went for lunch together so it was a nice day out and it’s always interesting to try something new and exciting that you haven’t done before.

Maybe I’ll go again sometime in the future.



Part 1 Part 3


How would you answer this IELTS question about describe something you did that was new or exciting?

Related

  • Describe a situation that was new and exciting for you

  • Good luck in your IELTS test!


    Describe Something Exciting That You Did

    I just tried something new and exciting - indoor skydiving! It was a thrilling experience, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an adrenaline rush. The experience was incredible, and the freefall was so exhilarating. I can't wait to do it again!

    Where did you do it?

    It was at a local indoor skydiving facility. They had some equipment that allowed you to fly in mid-air, so it felt like you were skydiving!

    How long did the activity last?

    It lasted about 30 minutes. First, we learned from the instructor how to control our movements and then had some time to practice flying. Finally, we were able to experience the skydiving sensation for about 30 seconds.

    How did you feel?

    I felt like I was in complete control of my movements, not like when you're jumping out of a plane and your life is literally depending on another person's skill level. My heart was pumping at an incredible rate during the skydiving, which was a new feeling since I tend to be the calm and collected type. It was one of those experiences that made you feel alive!

    What was your favorite part?

    My favorite part was starting from ground level and flying up into the air. Once I got off the platform and started floating in the air, I was in complete awe.

    What did your friends think?

    My friends thought it was so cool how calm and in control I was during the whole thing! Some of them felt nervous before doing it, but it felt natural for me.

    Would you recommend this activity to other people?

    Yes, It's something that everyone should try at least once in life! Even if you're scared of heights, it's a challenge. The feeling is incredibly satisfying once you get the courage to do it!


    Talk About Something That Gets You Excited

    I love learning about new things, researching different topics, and discovering interesting facts.

    It's super exciting for me to be able to understand something that I didn't know before or to learn about a topic from a new perspective.

    I also enjoy traveling and exploring new places. Every time I visit a new city or country, there's always something new to see and experience.