IELTS speaking questions | Personal Traits | Personality Traits
- What traits do you think are most important for a person, as a member of society, to have?
- How are these traits important in interpersonal relations?
- Which character traits do your parents think are the most important?
- What effects do you think someone's personality (or character) will have on that person's life?
- Do you think it's easy for a person to change their personality?
- In general, do you think men and women have (innately) different personality traits?
- In the future, do you think the differences between men's and women's personality traits will continue to be the same as today?
- What personality (or character) traits are most important (or, most valued) in your country?
- What would you say are the most distinct personality/character traits of the people in your country?
- What would you say are the most interesting personality/character traits of the people in your country? (Why are they interesting?)
- Do you think that people from different countries have "national" personality traits?
- Do you think the culture of a country affects the personality of the people in that country (or is it vice-versa)?
- How do these two (culture and 'national personality traits') affect each other?
- Do you think people generally choose to make friends with others with similar personality traits, or with people who are different?
- Do you think people with same personalities easily get along together?
- Do you think it's important for friends to share the same, or similar, personality traits?
- If you were considering whether to be friends with someone, (including girlfriend/boyfriend), what personal traits would be important for you?
- Do you think that members of a team should all have the same (or similar) personalities?
Character Traits / Personality Traits of Successful People
- What personal characteristics do you think most successful people (need to) have?
- Do you think that all successful people have good character traits?
- Do you think that honesty is an important trait to have in order to be successful?
- Do you think that all successful people are honest?
- Some people say that "success" is simply what others believe to be success. Do you agree?
- Do you think success equals happiness?
- Do you think success and happiness are related?
- Do you think all successful people are happy?
- Do you think happiness is important?
- Would you say that, in general, people in your country are happy?
- Compared to other countries, do you think people in your country are happier or less happy?
- What do you think is the secret of happiness?
- Do you think money is important for happiness?
- In your opinion, can money ever take the place of happiness?