Describe A Time When You Saw A Wild Animal


Describe a time when you saw a wild animal

Describe a wild animal that you have seen that impressed you

You should say:

  • what it looked like
  • where you saw it
  • what you were doing when you saw it

and explain how you feel about this animal.



Describe A Time When You Saw A Wild Animal

IELTS Speaking Cue Card Example Answer

I remember when I was younger, we went to the local zoo as part of a school expedition.

We spent most of the day there and saw many different wild animals and we learned a lot about them for the class project we were doing.

My favorite animal was the tiger, so I'll talk about that - it was in a large cage, which was full of enormous rocks and some large trees too.

It was bigger than I thought it would be, but then I was only a child at the time. I'd seen plenty of tigers on TV, in movies and TV programs, but it seemed a lot bigger in real life.

It was really like watching a big cat, the way it moved around. The colors were amazing, the yellow, white and black stripes on its body were spectacular.

As I was watching, it jumped up and started climbing up one of the big rocks. When it reached the top it slowly turned around and then looked down at everything, moving its head from side to side, like it was observing everything going on around it.

I felt very excited because I thought it was looking at me, it was really amazing!

Over the years, I saw the same tiger a few more times because I used to live quite close to the zoo, so I would go and visit, maybe a couple of times a year.

Unfortunately, one day when I went to visit, the people at the zoo told me that the tiger had died, apparently it was very old.

When I heard the news, I was sad for a while because it was so beautiful to watch; elegant and powerful.

I think the tiger is one of the most impressive creatures, just watching it move, and it's very strong too.

When I went back to the zoo last year with my nephew, it was his first visit and he was very excited.

So I took him around the zoo and showed him all the animals and we saw a different tiger this time, but it brought back a lot of memories for me - my nephew was impressed by the tiger too!




How would you answer this IELTS question about describe a time when you saw a wild animal?


Good luck with your IELTS exam!